Thursday, December 4, 2008

1/8 a veterinarian

I have successfully completed my first semester of vet school! Finshed finals today...my brain hurts. I came home, curled up in a blanket on the couch and watched movies the rest of the day! It hasn't completely hit me yet but I think sleeping in tomorrow will help with that! I've been living the last few days in the library with my friend Jenny studying constantly. We would finish a final in the morning and study the rest of the day and night for the next one for 4 days in a row. Hopefully it paid off! But my body gave out before my brain did. I nearly cough up a lung on a regular basis, my nose is dripping, and my joints feel like someone severed them. It was worse yesterday so maybe it'll be a fast recovery. It's amazing what a good night's rest can do!

I've been locked away studying so much poor Simon hasn't hardly seen me at all the last few weeks. We're hoping to go hiking with the dogs (who are bored out of their minds) at one of the state parks in the area this weekend. The weather should be fantastic for it! Now that I have a decent amount of free time for a while maybe I can start wedding planning! Lots of good things ahead, I'm excited :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on finishing your first semester! if vet school is anything like dental school the second semester should fly by

Courtney said...

Good job finishing the semester! What a relief! Call me sometime when you are in town so we can get together.