Monday, May 11, 2009

DONE!

I am done with my first year of vet school! One fourth of the way there! We had our white coat ceremony to signify our accomplishment and now on to better things! I got a job teaching a summer program through Duke University for gifted high schoolers interested in vet medicine. I'm one of the co-instructors so I have to start preparing a syllabus and such, which I have absolutely no experience doing. Luckily there are others involved that all have teaching experience, I'm mostly in charge of the clinical application part since I have relevant experience. I'm looking forward to it though, it should be a lot of fun! And they're going to let me go to Indiana for a few days to see all my future in-laws :)

Simon just had his 24th birthday! That's not to say he acts like a 24 year old though, he wanted Legos for his birthday! But who am I to argue, as soon as he's done building them I can take them apart and build something cooler! He's doing well at work, he's starting to train new developers they're hiring. Simon's easily one of the most capable developers on his team now, and his bosses know it! So he's still enjoying it most of the time. The politics of working for a corporation are a little unbearable sometimes though. But as of June 1st we will have lived on our own for an entire year successfully! Aside from the loans for school we did it all on our own. Of course our families have been incredibly supportive and stocked our kitchen and closets with all the essentials to enable it all! We are unbelievably grateful for everything they have done for us!

Now that I'm out of school, and feeling much more alive, it's time to tackle the house! Spring cleaning a little late this year, but it's definitely time!


No comments: