Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tests are done with for now, whew! In the midst of it all I had an interview and got a job as a teaching assistant for Duke TIP summer vet science program!! It's basically a class/camp for early high school advanced placement kids to come to A&M and learn about pre-vet science and get to see what happens in the vet school. They only picked two TA's and the hours are great! I get a few weeks off before and after during the summer, I don't have to wake up that early and I'll be paid as much as when I work in a clinic from 7am to 6pm from the day we stop school to the day before we start again. Plus I can get new kids interested in vet medicine and actually be able to help them learn. So I'm VERY excited about it!

I had to take care of an ostrich named Zea (pronounced Z) for a week and she laid an egg during that time. It was HEAVY, but unfertilized so I kept it! I blew out all the insides so it wouldn't go bad and now I have this ginormous egg to display.



I've been busy studying a lot so Simon's been keeping himself busy...yes those are legos. Who says getting real jobs and living on your own means we can't still play with toys?!



The vet school first years threw a Masquerade party last Friday for everyone to get dressed up and have fun to forget about classes for a day at least. It was a lot of fun, we made our own masks. Mine matched my dress and was very classy, Simon's was....well typical Simon style complete with duct tape, notebook paper, and sharpie scribbles. It was pretty cute and he even won third place in the mask contest! That in itself shows how awesome his mask was because it was basically a popularity contest for the other winners, but nobody knew who Simon was! It was nice to get a night off and have some fun!

5 comments:

Christi W said...

Congrats on finding a summer job- with good hours!
Jon also has found creative ways to amuse himself. His current project is painting miniature Star Wars figures for a game he's making with a friend. I don't think I'll ever understand men!

Courtney said...

that is so exciting about the job! And sweet egg, seriously so cool that you got to keep it. You and simon are so cute together, glad you're having a good time down there.

Anonymous said...

You two are too cute...Simon still playing with legos! Love and miss you both...

Keep taking good care of each other,
mom

Aaron said...

I just had to say that I think it's hilarious that Simon STILL SITS THAT WAY when he's playing with Legos. Oh the memories.

Anonymous said...

very good and cool,thank you for your sharing.