Friday, July 25, 2008

Simon and I are engaged!!

By the surf, under the stars We all went down to Port Aransas for Memorial Day with several other families when it happened. May 24th was the 6 year anniversary of our first date and we were going to go walk along the beach at night like we usually do to look for shells under the stars. As we were walking on our way to meet the rest of my family we came upon an arc of lit tiki torches with no one around. Being predictably curious as I am, I went to investigate why someone would light a half circle of torches and just leave them on the beach. As I got closer I noticed roses and blinking lights in the sand. It took me a few good seconds to be able to read what the lights said. They spelled out "Marry Me"!

Marry Me! Shiny!

I spun around and Simon was down on one knee waiting for me, ring in hand. And he proposed to me under the stars by the surf with my family looking on, crying and taking pictures. Obviously I said YES! The ring is absolutely gorgeous! We're in the process of deciding dates and details so keep checking back for plans...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yeah you have a blog!!!! I love blogs. Now I get to see you everyday again! :) haha. Hope everythings going good for you two.